API 2500 Stereo Compressor at a Glance:
- This stereo compressor’s all about versatility and musicality
- Mono capabilities and API’s auto-makeup gain button
- API’s continuing legacy of innovation and sought-after sound
This stereo compressor’s all about versatility and musicality
When you choose API, you know you’re getting amazing sonic character. And with the API 2500, you’ve got a wide range of characters to choose among and dial in. To start, the API 2500 stereo compressor has API’s patented “Thrust” highpass filter before its RMS detector, which leads the way to really punchy low end. There are also two types of compression onboard the API 2500 – “old” and “new.” The old style uses the feedback type of compression found on the classic API525 while the new style uses a feedforward type, similar to many modern, popular compressors.
Mono capabilities and API’s auto-makeup gain button
The API 2500 is stereo ready, but sports a variable link between the left and right channels, so you can put it to work on your mono sources. Whatever way you use it, you’ll like having API’s auto-makeup gain button on the output stage. It lets you vary the API 2500’s threshold or ratio, while automatically maintaining a constant output level.
API’s continuing legacy of innovation and sought-after sound
In 1968, Automated Processes Inc. began building quality consoles for broadcast applications. Soon, the company’s products found favor with recording studios, and a string of industry-leading advancements (including computerized console automation, the first VCA, and more) followed. API produced the 2520 amplifier, one of the most famous op-amps in the recording industry, and their consoles and products found homes in such iconic studio facilities as Ocean Way, the Record Plant, and Sunset Sound, among others. In fact, there are over 700 classic API consoles around the globe – many of which are still in use. And the company certainly isn’t resting on its laurels; today’s API products give you the same unbeatable combination of utility, innovation, and great sound.
API 2500 Stereo Compressor Features:
- API 2520 op-amp
- Variable threshold between -20 and +10
- Selectable Ratio, Attack and Release times
- Patented “Thrust” highpass filter before RMS detector
- Variable link between left and right channels
- Old “feed back” or new “feed forward” compression
- Soft, Medium or Hard Knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
- 1/4″ balanced side chain inputs
- Output clips at +30dBm
The API 2500 stereo compressor delivers legendary API sonic quality with both old and new character!