Legacy building sound.
The Earthworks SR40 Multi-Purpose High Definition Cardioid Condenser Microphones are a matched pair professional recording microphones for pristine, uniform stereo recordings. Its 30Hz-40kHz frequency response means you’re capturing a far wider range than most mics can touch. The result? Better depth and a truer sound that includes more high-frequency overtone content. You’ll also appreciate how well the SR40’s true cardioid pickup pattern rejects outside sources and how it gives you impressive gain before feedback.
The SR40’s near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones.
The extended frequency response from 20Hz – 40kHz reproduces sound with more depth and accuracy, especially for those instruments that include more high frequency overtones.
It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 139dB without distortion, the SR40 can handle nearly any instrument.
Its clean on-axis response provides maximum articulation up to 90 degrees off-axis, while rejecting off-axis noise and feedback from ambiance, surrounding instruments and nearby stage monitors thanks to its more than 30dB of rear rejection.
This multi-purpose microphone is equally at home miking acoustic guitar, brass, woodwinds, drums, guitar amp, vocals and more.
- Extended frequency response to 40kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
- 30Hz – 40kHz frequency response, revealing subtleties in the sound that are non-existent from microphones with less high frequency range, and enabling musical performances to exhibit greater depth and realism
- The exceptional rear rejection performance enables the SR40 to easily isolate instruments in a recording or live performance setting, thus minimizing acoustic bleed