The Sound of Your Favorite Records
Ever since its release in 1970, the Neve 1073 has been the go-to preamp for engineers, producers and musicians in search of that classic analog sound. From pop to rock to hip-hop and more, the big, punchy sound of the Neve 1073 can be heard on countless hit records over the last 50 years. Perfect for adding warmth and depth to recordings, bringing out the ambience of a recording environment, or precisely capturing the stereo imaging of a performance, the Neve 1073 CV is one of the most versatile preamps on the market.
A Modern Classic
In order to perfectly capture the legendary tone of the 1073, Neve set out to identically recreate the original design, down to the last detail. They went to great lengths to find components from the original manufacturers to meet the exact specifications of the original model. Each unit hand-wired by Neve’s dedicated professionals in Burnley, England, then put through rigorous testing to ensure the frequency response, internal noise and distortion levels all adhere to Neve’s original standards.
The Neve 1073 CV features an all Class A preamp design with three bands of EQ. The high shelf EQ is fixed at 12 kHz, and ideal for bringing acoustic recordings to life with a silky-smooth brilliance. The midband is perfect for carving out space in busy mixes and adding warmth and grit to instruments with fixed frequencies at 360 Hz, 700 Hz, 1.6 kHz, 3.2 kHZ, 4.8 kHz and 7.2 kHz. The low band is perfect for fattening up tracks with tight, punchy lows using fixed frequencies at 35 Hz, 60 Hz, 110 Hz, and 220 Hz. Clean up your low end with a dedicated high-pass filter, selectable at 50 Hz, 80 Hz, 160 Hz and 300 Hz.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- 3 EQ bands
- Hand-built and hand-wired to original 1970s design
- Hi-pass filter
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80 dB to +20 dB in 5 dB steps
- Line Input: Input impedance 10k ohms, gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps.
- Output: Maximum output is >+26dBu into 600 ohms.
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80 kHz bandwidth) into 600 ohms.
- Freq Response: ±-0.5 dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz, -3 dB at 40 kHz, EQ Out
The 1073 can be purchased as single or multiple units. Each 1073 module has been designed to perfectly retrofit into the 80 Series Neve Classic consoles as part of a channel strip or can be mounted in a custom rack. The available rack sizes are 3U (which accommodates 2 modules horizontally) or 5U (which accommodates 8 modules vertically).
Neve “Classic” Outboard – Genuine Neve product hand built in UK using all of the original components, nothing new in 30 years.