Solid State Logic ORIGIN Analog Studio Console Features:
Its classic design looks back to the origin of in-line consoles for signal flow inspiration, incorporating cutting-edge analogue developments to deliver a unique sonic signature that’s still unmistakably SSL.
- 32-channel analog recording and mixing console with master control section and 16+2 buses
- Newly designed SSL PureDrive mic/line preamps can dial in a range of transparent to harmonically saturated tones and include 48V phantom power and polarity invert
- SSL E-Series 4-band parametric EQ with variable cut/boost and high- and lowpass filters
- Direct output, four auxiliary sends, and two stereo cue feeds on each channel
- 60mm small fader and 100mm large fader with balanced inputs in each path, and independent pan, solo, cut, and 0dB switch to set unity gain
- Master control section streamlines operations with talkback and listen mic, bus masters trim and routing, four stereo returns, independent trims for two monitors, DIM, MONO, Left/Right MUTES, and polarity switch
- Includes SSL’s iconic stereo VCA bus compressor with sidechain and highpass filter
- Adjustable 6U master tile and additional 6U of space in the center section to install a keyboard, video monitor, software controller, or your favorite outboard hardware
- Auto Sleep mode reduces power consumption by switching to standby mode after long periods of inactivity
Next generation analogue studio console
“SSL has maintained the parts of the legacy that make sense in the modern day in terms of audio and functionality…… “
John McBride, Blackbird Studio
ORIGIN is more than just the culmination of four decades of technical innovation. Because of our deep knowledge of workflow and studio integration, we also understand that a console has to provide the immediacy and well-executed ergonomics that will inspire and engage a modern studio environment. We believe ORIGIN does this and more; leading the way with a fresh look at how an analogue console compliments the latest digital tools and production techniques.
The legendary SSL consoles of the 70s and 80s helped define studio production. ORIGIN takes these principles and combines them with a modern feature-set that bridges the gap between digital production and analogue console workflow.
A purely analogue inline design, with 16 buses, E-Series EQ and classic Bus Compressor, ORIGIN breathes new life into a design classic across the whole console. The new PureDrive™ mic pre inherits the clarity and purity of previous SSL Mic Pre designs, switching character to a warm, harmonically-rich and driven tone that varies with mic pre gain.
The new mix bus and mix amp architecture delivers an amazingly-low noise floor along with huge headroom. The result is a mix bus that retains the classic SSL sound, whilst bringing the breadth and space to mixes that engineers and producers love from analogue summing.
Balanced insert points per channel path (both large and small fader), dedicated channel direct outputs, stem-ready 0dB fader bypass switches, plus a new configurable centre section, make ORIGIN an ideal way of adding console workflow to a modern production studio.
The adjustable centre section features 12U of rack space, allowing the modular 6U master tile to be repositioned to create space for software controllers, a computer keyboard or additional outboard processing. The meter bridge can also be lowered into the centre section, enabling a screen to be positioned so all your production software can be viewed just where you need it.
This is our the SSL ORIGIN
As the latest in a long heritage of SSL studio mixing consoles, ORIGIN has traditional analogue studio workflow at its heart whilst providing the perfect partner for a modern DAW driven ‘hybrid’ production studio.
Niall Feldman, SSL Director of New Products talks you through the mix of traditional and cutting edge analogue technology that is behind ORIGIN.