Two mono channels with SuperAnalogue mic pres and SSL compression
SiX is a condensed professional console for use in the studio, in post-production, on stage, and for podcasting. SiX offers big console sound and an impressive set of utility features in a format that is small enough to stick in a bag a go wherever you need it. SiX is stunning value; it offers two recording channels with SuperAnalogueTM mic pres, two band EQ, an essential one knob version of the classic SSL Channel Compressor, a new two-band Channel EQ, inserts and 100mm faders.
There is a two-knob version of the legendary G-Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus and the unique Listen Mic Compressor on the Talkback. In mixdown mode it is a very capable twelve channel summing system that offers analogue detail, depth and width to your mixes.
The SuperAnalogue™ Sound of SSL
SiX is an SSL SuperAnalogue™ design – it gives you the sonic signature of a large format SSL console on your desktop or in your backpack. Its signal path is fully balanced from front to back on everything except the headphone output. It delivers pristine, detailed audio with wide dynamic range, ultra-low noise, ultra-low distortion and superb imaging. If you want to know more about the technical reasons why SSL mixers sound so good read our Lifting The Veil document.
The sound of SSL
SiX is an SSL SuperAnalogue™ design – it gives you the sonic signature of a large format SSL console on your desktop or in your backpack. Its signal path is fully balanced from front to back on everything except the headphone output.
In addition to Mic Pre’s, SiX’s SuperAnalogue Recording channels feature classic SSL feed-forward Channel Compressor circuit and two band SSL EQ with shelf and bell curves.
Two Recording Channels
SiX has two mono SuperAnalogue™ Mic’ Pre’s taken from large-format duality and AWS consoles, offering phantom power, 75Hz HPF and independant line-level inputs.
Mix Bus Magic
SiX has a G Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus. This uses the same circuit design as the legendary SSL Bus Compressor from our larger consoles but with a fixed ratio, attack, and release settings and a more modern quad-VCA chip. Easy to get that SSL glue and punch on your master bus.
Solid State Logic SiX Desktop Mixer Features:
- Benchmark SuperAnalogue audio performance
- Professional routing and monitoring
- Classic SSL channel processing
- Full-size 100mm faders, Mute–Bus B, PFL
- 12-input summing at mixdown
- Legendary G Series Master Bus Compressor
- Completely balanced signal path
- A superb front end for recording
- Channels 1 and 2 equipped with:
- SuperAnalogue mic preamps with 66dB of gain
- Phantom power; 75Hz highpass filter
- Line-level input, switchable to instrument level
- Newly designed SSL compressor
- Balanced insert points
- Channels 3 and 4 equipped with:
- Line-level stereo inputs with trim
- Master section includes:
- 2 cue buses (sends available on channels 1–4)
- Main and Alt monitor outputs with monitor source matrix, mono check, dim, and cut
- Talkback mic input with phantom power and LMC